Uniroyal® Tire and Savings Expert Help Consumers Learn and Save
GREENVILLE, S.C. — (September 28, 2010) — Most consumers lead very busy lives. They are used to a world where convenience is a way of life. As saving money becomes more fashionable and necessary, so do ways to make it happen. To help with this, Kim Danger, nationally known savings expert and author of “Instant Bargains,” has collaborated with Uniroyal® Tire in the creation of a new e-book, “Do-it-Yourself Tips for a Simpler Life,” to show consumers time- and money-saving projects everyone can do.
This e-book features the best tips on home improvement, going green in the kitchen, gardening and homemade gifts. Download the free e-book at www.UniroyalTires.com.
Every mom wants a clean kitchen, but many never stop to consider how pricey the products they’re using can be. With this in mind, Danger offers up DIY kitchen-cleaning tips that are not only green, but cost effective:
- Cutting boards are a frequently used kitchen item. To clean them naturally, wipe with vinegar and microwave on high for one minute.
- To combat grimy sponges, soak with white vinegar and microwave on high for one minute.
- Remove stuck-on food from pots and pans by making a paste with water and meat tenderizer to coat the area. Allow the paste to sit for a few minutes, then scrub off and rinse.
Gardens don’t have to be a luxury reserved for those with green thumbs and ample space. Follow these tips for creating and maintaining a garden that suites your location and needs:
- For windowsill gardens, the most basic thing to start with is herbs. Choose easy plants that you’ll use frequently while cooking, such as basil, oregano and parsley.
- If you have a patio or deck, try container gardening. The portability of the containers allows you to adjust plants to receive their optimal amount of sun exposure.
- Grow plants that are the most expensive to purchase in grocery stores.
Who says gifts have to cost a lot of money? Homemade gifts are a thoughtful way to show you care, without breaking the bank. Here are a few ideas:
- Use copies of your favorite handwritten recipe cards to create a personalized cookbook.
- Make a “25 Things I Love About You” book for someone special.
- For kids who love to dress up, fill a large tote with items such as hats, wigs, shoes and accessories that you’ve purchased from thrift stores and clearance racks.
For the latest information about Uniroyal® Tire, visit the brand's website at www.UniroyalTires.com and find Uniroyal on Facebook at www.facebook.com/UniroyalTire
About the “More Mileage for Your Money” Campaign:
In 2006, Uniroyal® Tire created a public service campaign to help consumers address increasing gas costs and rising everyday expenses. Today, the “More Mileage for Your Money” campaign not only offers easy tips for saving money on gas and automotive costs, but also provides straightforward advice on a variety of family areas. Working in partnership with Kim Danger, Uniroyal® Tire continues in 2010 to offer a series of tips and e-books on topics such as a guide to the holidays throughout the year, a mommy’s guide to cars and tires, do-it-yourself tips and answers to your most pressing savings questions.
About Kim Danger:
Danger is the founder of Mommysavers.com, one of the nation’s most popular internet destinations and online forums for financially savvy consumers, especially young moms. She is also the author of “Instant Bargains” and “1000 Best Baby Bargains.” Her tips and interviews have been featured in national and local media across the country, including Essence, Parenting, Woman's Day, Redbook and CBS's “The Early Show.”
Uniroyal Tire is one of the world's leading tire brands for passenger and commercial cars, pick-ups, light trucks, minivans and sport utility vehicles. Dating back to 1892, Uniroyal Tire has developed a reputation for providing high-quality, affordable tires including its Tiger Paw® and Laredo® tire series. Uniroyal tires offer just the right combination of dependability, traction and grip in almost every weather condition, and come with one of the industry's leading warranties. Visit Uniroyal Tire online at www.UniroyalTires.com.
Uniroyal Public Relations Manager
Public Relations, Trone